News: Pleasance Launches Crowdfunder Campaign

News: Pleasance Theatre Launches Golden Ticket Competition

The Pleasance Theatre Trust, which is reponsible for the Pleasance venues at the Edinburgh Fringe, has launched a crowdfunder campaign.

For the first time in 36 years, the gates are locked and the Pleasance Courtyard is empty. 280 shows have been cancelled, over 1,000 performers have been affected, countless experiences have been lost. The consequences have been devastating, both on and off the stage.

To make sure the Pleasance and everyone they support can return in 2021, they are looking to raise £75,000.

The Pleasance has pledged that 30% of everything raised will go directly to emerging theatre-makers and comedians, with a dedicated fund to help debut shows reach Fringe 2021, supporting the next generation of performers. The other 70% will help them rebuild to support a wide range of people from across the arts by re-establishing their facilities and resources.

Donate here.

Tags: 

Hello! Thanks for reading all the way down. I wish I could give you a prize. But BTJ needs your support to continue - if you would like to help to keep the site going, please consider donating.

Zircon - This is a contributing Drupal Theme
Design by WeebPal.